- Be Involved
- Be In the Know
- About Us
Agri-Business Committee – Create awareness of and promote the impact of agriculture on the area economy. Meetings are scheduled first Tuesday every other month 7:00 am at Country Cookin’.
- Ag Expo – Held each January at Southeast Community College
- Ag BBQ – opening night of Gage County Fair
- Scholarship Programs for students attending SCC in the Ag program.
2018 Committee Chair Heath Stewart - First National Bank
Ambassadors – Serve as the goodwill arm of the Chamber by promoting a positive relationship with existing/new business members and with surrounding communities. Meetings are scheduled the second and fourth Thursday at 10 am followed by scheduled ribbon cuttings, Customer Service Awards, and Goodwill Ambassador Awards.
- Ribbon Cuttings for all new businesses
- Increase Chamber membership
- Increase new member attendance at events
- Increase networking opportunities
Committee Chair Capri Cutchin, News Channel Nebraska
Staff Liaison Karm Reese
Holiday Lighted Parade Planning Committee – To plan and organize annual Holiday Lighted Parade. The purpose of the parade is to bring the community together to celebrate the magic of the Holiday season. Committee meets the first Wednesday of every month at 8:30am.
Committee Chair Patrick Ethridge- Beatrice Daily Sun
Homestead Days® Planning Committee – This event is community wide and promotes all aspects of Beatrice. Collaboration between other organizations to have this be the’ event of the summer with the Chamber office organizing the event through this committee. Meets fourth Wednesday of the month @ Chamber Office.
- Homestead National Monument of America
- Main Street Beatrice
- Indian Creek Mall Association
- Gage County Historical Society Museum
- Beatrice Public Library
Committee Chair Dr. Jacob May- Inline Healing
Government Affairs Committee - Meets every 2nd Thursday of each month at 8:15 am.
The Government Affairs Committee is formed to increase business awareness and involvement in political and legislative issues, advocate for business and the community at the local, state and national levels.
As part of our commitment to advocate on behalf of our members and promote economic vitality in our community, the Beatrice Area Chamber of Commerce Government Affairs Council works closely with our governmental entities and elected officials to ensure that our business members are represented.
Committee Chair Jim Nelson- Nelson, Clark & Timan, PC
Leadership Beatrice and Leadership Advisory Committee – The Leadership Beatrice program is a ten month long program designed to find, develop, and engage Beatrice's current and future leaders. The Leadership Advisory Committee's role is to plan and sustain the Leadership Beatrice program. It consists of nine graduates of the Leadership Beatrice program that each serve three year terms.
Committee Chair Carolyn Nelson- Beatrice State Developmental Center
Oktoberfest Committee – This committee plans and organizes our Oktoberfest event which is an adult-geared event featuring live music and other Oktoberfest themed activities. Committee meets the first Tuesday of every month at 8am.
Committee Chair Carla Schuster- Schuster's Outdoor & R.V., Inc.
SCC Action Committee – A resource to bring businesses together with the college staff and students by integrating students and creating opportunities for networking within the business community.
- Sponsor the SCC Faculty/Staff Appreciation coffee in April
- Sponsor the Outstanding Faculty Award and an Outstanding Staff Award
- Host the SCC Board meeting breaks when meetings are held at the Beatrice Campus (every 4th monthly meeting)
- Host the Outstanding Student of the Month
- Distribution of a Beatrice Informational/Map Material to students
- Offer business discounts to students
- Host SCC WOW (Week Of Welcome) Event SCC Beatrice Campus